This modules provides insight into your natural style of dealing with conflict, and provides measures for meeting conflict head-on. The module contains information on:
- Proactive problem solving
- Effective techniques for dealing with conflict.
This module is designed for management seeking to eliminate or manage conflicts that arise in the normal business environment.
FORMAT AND LENGTH
This module can be presented in three to four hours, depending on participants' skill level and teaching objectives. The module includes:
- Break out groups to solve conflict problems
- Discussion on techniques for overcoming conflicts
- Exercises and presentations
- Practice sessions and role plays
The participantís workbooks contain reference text and exercises, are bound and three hole punched. The module is divided into three sections, one for each phase of training: the Pre-Workshop Assignment, the Workshop Material, and the Post-Workshop Action Items. Participant's workbooks can be used for classroom instruction or on a self-paced basis.
The leaderís guide contains the same material as the participant's workbook, with the addition of a section of introductory notes, answers to exercises and explanatory margin notes. The leaderís notes contain tips and techniques on setting up and administering the session, checklists, and other teaching aids. Other beneficial components include:
- A listing of suggested videos which complement the material.
- Notes which highlight key points, provide tips for training, and detail competencies to be gained.
- Margin Notes on the workshop materials which guide the leader through the material and indicate when to ask questions, encourage discussion, use flip charts, break into groups, and refer to specific material.
OBJECTIVES OF THE MODULE
By the end of this module, the
participants will be able to:
- Describe elements of Conflict
- List the methods and strategies that can be used to resolve conflicts
- Identify a departmentís role and potential organizational conflicts
- Describe management skills needed to deal with each type of conflict
- Identify techniques for Developing Collaboration