THE SERVICE PROFIT CHAIN
This session presents a model of how profitability is affected by service quality. During this session we discuss all the issues that lead to a high performance service culture and how to set up a culture within an organization.
- The Service Profit Chain
- Building a Service Culture
- Methods of implementing the elements of the SPC
- Roadblocks to successful service
This module is designed for any manager seeking to establish a new service philosophy in the organization and for all employees needing a background on participating in an organization that values service excellence.
FORMAT AND LENGTH
This module can be presented in two hours, depending on participants' skill level and teaching objectives. The module includes:
- Break out groups to solve team problems
- Discussion on techniques for team development
The participantís workbooks contain reference text and exercises, are bound and three hole punched. The module is divided into three sections, one for each phase of training: the Pre-Workshop Assignment, the Workshop Material, and the Post-Workshop Action Items. Participant's workbooks can be used for classroom instruction or on a self-paced basis.
The leaderís guide contains the same material as the participant's workbook, with the addition of a section of introductory notes, answers to exercises and explanatory margin notes. The leaderís notes contain tips and techniques on setting up and administering the session, checklists, and other teaching aids. Other beneficial components include:
- A listing of suggested videos which complement the material.
- Notes which highlight key points, provide tips for training, and detail competencies to be gained.
- Margin Notes on the workshop materials which guide the leader through the material and indicate when to ask questions, encourage discussion, use flip charts, break into groups, and refer to specific material.
OBJECTIVES OF THE MODULE
By the end of this module, the
participants will be able to:
- Describe the elements of service excellence.
- List the components of the service chain
- Identify organizationís philosophy of organizational excellence.
- Define what organizational excellence means for their department.