Standards & Objectives: Setting Verifiable Objectives with Employees
gain commitment for achieving organizational goals, employees need
to understand what is expected of them in a way that is meaningful
to them on both a team and an individual level. In this module, participants
- Management tools of bench marking and best
- Skills in creating verifiable, meaningful
- Recalibrating standards and objectives
for changing times
This module is for managers that want to raise the bar and recalibrate
employees' job performance standards.
FORMAT AND LENGTH
This module can be presented in two to four hours, depending on
participants' skill level and teaching objectives. The module includes:
- Break out groups to solve team
- Discussion on techniques for team
- Exercises and presentations
- Practice sessions and role plays
The participant's workbooks contain reference text
and exercises, are bound and three hole punched. The module is divided
into three sections, one for each phase of training: the Pre-Workshop
Assignment, the Workshop Material, and the Post-Workshop Action Items.
Participant's workbooks can be used for classroom instruction or on
a self-paced basis.
The leader's guide contains the same material as
the participant's workbook, with the addition of a section of introductory
notes, answers to exercises and explanatory margin notes. The leader's
notes contain tips and techniques on setting up and administering
the session, checklists, and other teaching aids. Other beneficial
- A listing of suggested videos
which complement the material.
- Notes which highlight key points,
provide tips for training, and detail competencies to be gained.
- Margin Notes on the workshop
materials which guide the leader through the material and indicate
when to ask questions, encourage discussion, use flip charts,
break into groups, and refer to specific material.
OBJECTIVES OF THE MODULE
By the end of this module, the participants
will be able to:
- Identify why standards
- Identify all of their customers'
and their needs.
- Identify major service
- Conduct an internal service
- Identify categories of service
quality standards for their staff.
- Set internal service quality
standards for their staff.
- Articulate the relationship
between standards, indicators, and objectives.
for writing effective objectives.
- Write effective
- Use service objectives
as management tool.
- Communicate the service
standards to their staff.
Merit Training Corporation