Monitoring Performance and Providing Feedback to Employees
performance requires collecting data and measuring results. Some employees
become frustrated when measured by sheer numbers. This module assures
that all employees understand the key results to be measured and how
they will be held accountable for results. The discussion provides:
- Practice on providing feedback
- Skills in instructing and motivating staff
- Techniques for offering constructive and
This module is for managers who need skills in providing constructive
feedback to team members.
FORMAT AND LENGTH
This module can be presented in two to four hours, depending on
participants' skill level and teaching objectives. The module includes:
- Break out groups to solve team
- Discussion on techniques for team
- Exercises and presentations
- Practice sessions and role plays
The participant's workbooks contain reference text
and exercises, are bound and three hole punched. The module is divided
into three sections, one for each phase of training: the Pre-Workshop
Assignment, the Workshop Material, and the Post-Workshop Action Items.
Participant's workbooks can be used for classroom instruction or on
a self-paced basis.
The leader's guide contains the same material as
the participant's workbook, with the addition of a section of introductory
notes, answers to exercises and explanatory margin notes. The leader's
notes contain tips and techniques on setting up and administering
the session, checklists, and other teaching aids. Other beneficial
OBJECTIVES OF THE MODULE
- A listing of suggested videos
which complement the material.
- Notes which highlight key points,
provide tips for training, and detail competencies to be gained.
- Margin Notes on the workshop
materials which guide the leader through the material and indicate
when to ask questions, encourage discussion, use flip charts,
break into groups, and refer to specific material.
- Identify data collection
- Identify logistical considerations
of data collection.
- Describe the key result
areas that they need to monitor: outcome, process,
- Demonstrate the ability to use
flow charts in process improvement.
- Describe their specific cycles
- Evaluate appropriateness of their
methods of measurement.
Describe the dimensions
of service quality: measure against standards, perceived
quality of others, and number and type of exceptions (complaints).
- Identify source of performance
- Track performance
with visual charts and reports.
- Conduct a performance
Merit Training Corporation