ACCEPTING A MANAGEMENT ROLE
Making the transition into a management or supervisory position requires new behaviors, confidence and new skills. Often employees are expected to make the transition with out essential skills. This module provides insight on:
- Distinguishing between management and leadership
- Identifying leadership attributes of successful managers
- Assessing time management effectiveness
This module is designed for mid level management and those that are moving into management for the first time.
FORMAT AND LENGTH
This module can be presented in two to four hours, depending on participants' skill level and teaching objectives. The module includes:
- Break out groups to solve problems
- Discussion on techniques for management development
- Exercises and presentations
- Practice sessions and role plays
The participantís workbooks contain reference text and exercises, are bound and three hole punched. The module is divided into three sections, one for each phase of training: the Pre-Workshop Assignment, the Workshop Material, and the Post-Workshop Action Items. Participant's workbooks can be used for classroom instruction or on a self-paced basis.
The leaderís guide contains the same material as the participant's workbook, with the addition of a section of introductory notes, answers to exercises and explanatory margin notes. The leaderís notes contain tips and techniques on setting up and administering the session, checklists, and other teaching aids. Other beneficial components include:
A listing of suggested videos which complement the material.
Notes which highlight key points, provide tips for training, and detail competencies to be gained.
`Margin Notes on the workshop materials which guide the leader through the material and indicate when to ask questions, encourage discussion, use flip charts, break into groups, and refer to specific material.
OBJECTIVES OF THE MODULE
By the end of this module, the
participants will be able to:
- Describe elements of organizational excellence.
- Describe the role of management
- Identify time wasters and where to apply their valuable resources
Merit Training Corporation